Round 2 of the International Access Pass program is now open for applications. Applications close 12 noon AWST Monday 7 October 2019.
You can complete your application online at iap.grantplatform.com
For more information visit www.newindustries.wa.gov.au/iap or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Round 1 recipients
The Hon Dave Kelly announced 13 International Access Pass awards to talented members of the WA games industry on 1 February 2019. The recipients will travel to USA, Europe, New Zealand and within Australia.
The awards that have been made are:
- Three Superstar Awards for people who offer a great product that that is ready to take to the world and can deliver business results (Vee Pendergrast, Stacey Fazackerley and Anthony Sweet);
- Two Bright Spark Awards for recent WA graduates Elin Tan (Curtin University) and Brian Fairbanks (Murdoch University);
- A Trailblazer Award goes to Jessica Watson, an outstanding candidate who brings expertise in motion capture into the WA games industry and works extensively to develop skills in others;
- Three New Horizons Awards for application of games into other sectors – Megan Pusey (games to build resilience in education), Zoe Pepper (technology to support play and connection with audience), and Julio Ibanez (virtual and augmented reality simulation in mining, real estate, tourism and care industries).
- Two Teamed Up Awards, one to Hungry Sky (Nick Lowe and Minh Tran) and the other to Dogmelon (Ant Wiese and Dan Fletcher).
More detail on the International Access Pass Award Recipients can be found at the link below: