The Western Australian Future Battery Industry Strategy provides a framework for the State Government’s leadership to build upon its demonstrated expertise in the future battery industry and promote its significant competitive advantages.
To promote industry growth, the Strategy has set out a clear vision:
“In 2025, Western Australia has a world leading, sustainable, value-adding future battery industry that provides local jobs, contributes to skill development and economic diversification and benefits regional communities.”
The Western Australian Government will deliver its vision for the future battery industry by focusing on five objectives to achieve the State Government’s vision.
- Western Australia to be globally recognised as a leading producer and exporter of future battery materials, technologies and expertise.
- Improve the competitiveness of Western Australia’s future battery minerals and materials industry.
- Expand the range of future battery minerals extracted and processed in Western Australia.
- Increase the scale of processing, manufacturing and service activities across the breadth of the battery value chain in Western Australia.
- Increase research and development activities focused on the battery materials and high technology energy sectors in Western Australia.
Contribution from all stakeholders is important to achieve the State Government’s vision for Western Australia’s future battery industry. An intergovernmental working group led by the Department of Jobs, Tourism, Science and Innovation under the direction of the Hon Bill Johnston MLA, Minister for Mines and Petroleum; Energy will drive the implementation phase of the Strategy and will work closely with industry, research organisations, federal government and the community.
The Department will provide regular updates on the implementation of the Future Battery Industry Strategy to all stakeholders and welcomes all comments and enquiries.
The Strategy will remain flexible throughout implementation to address changing market conditions and maintain alignment with other State Government priorities.
For more information or to make an enquiry about the Future Battery Industry Strategy, please refer to our FAQs or send us a message via our Contact Form.