- 2018 Premier's Science Awards finalists announced
- Annual awards celebrate the best and brightest of the WA science community
- Winners to be announced on August 15, 2018, during National Science Week
Premier Mark McGowan and Science Minister Dave Kelly today announced the finalists in the 2018 Premier's Science Awards.
There are 18 finalists across the four categories, representing a range of science disciplines and achievements.
The finalists have contributed to a broad spectrum of scientific knowledge from developing marine, biological science and health initiatives to planetary and solar discoveries to innovations in the resources sector.
The Premier's Science Award winners and WA Science Hall of Fame inductee will be announced at an awards ceremony on Wednesday, 15 August 2018, during National Science Week.
The 2018 Premier's Science Awards categories are:
- Scientist of the Year ($50,000 prize)
- Chevron Science Engagement Initiative of the Year ($10,000 prize)
- ExxonMobil Student Scientist of the Year ($10,000 prize)
- Woodside Early Career Scientist of the Year ($10,000 prize).
For more information and to view the list of finalists, visit http://www.jtsi.wa.gov.au/what-we-do/science-and-innovation/science-award-programs/premier's-science-awards/2018-finalists