- Applications for the 2018 Governor's School STEM Awards now open
- The awards recognise schools that demonstrate excellence in leadership, teaching, collaboration and student engagement in STEM education
- McGowan Government investing in STEM education to skill WA kids for the jobs of the future
The search is on for Western Australia's leading STEM education schools, with applications opening today (June 25) for the 2018 Governor's School STEM Awards.
The awards, now in their fourth year, aim to raise awareness of the importance of STEM education among school leadership, and incentivise schools to support their teachers in undertaking STEM initiatives.
This year, the State Government is working closely with Scitech and a committee of representatives from the education community to deliver the awards.
The prizes awarded in both primary and secondary school categories include:
- $2,000 for the Leadership Excellence Award (winner);
- $1,000 for the Meritorious Leadership Awards (runner-up);
- An invitation for staff and students to visit Government House; and
- A Scitech visit for up to 90 students.
The winning schools will be selected by expert judging panels and announced at a presentation ceremony at Government House in November 2018.
Applications close on August 20, 2018. For more information, visit http://www.scitech.org.au