- Affordable airfares from Perth to Broome
- State Government job-creating initiative through Tourism WA
- 29,400 discounted seats on offer in a 12-month trial
- Encouraging intrastate travel which will stimulate the economy and create jobs
- Another positive response following the McGowan Government's inquiry into the high cost of regional airfares
Qantas, in partnership with the State Government, Australia's North West and Broome International Airport, is introducing year-round discounted fares on flights between Perth and Broome, beginning in August this year.
The special weekend fares will be available at $199 one-way during high season (between August 17, 2018 and October 16, 2018, and June 21, 2019-August 17, 2019), and $179 during low season (October 17, 2018 to June 20, 2019).
The one-year trial of low-cost airfares is aimed at stimulating leisure demand on the Perth-Broome route, boosting intrastate travel to the region. It will also assist residents in Broome to access affordable fares in order to travel to Perth.
The program will offer two ranges of airfare discounts, when booked either 60 days or 45 days ahead of travel.
Qantas will offer the special weekend fares on its A320 aircraft on the Perth-Broome route operating once a day, from Friday through to Sunday.
In the high season, Qantas will offer 500 discounted seats on the A320 flights and 600 discounted seats in the low season.