Science and Agribusiness Connect (SAC) aims to build the capability of Western Australia’s agricultural science sector by:
- developing the State’s research excellence in agriculture;
- boosting the work readiness of students in agriculture; and
- fostering entrepreneurship and innovation in the sector.
Developed by the former Office of Science in consultation with key stakeholders, SAC's three constituent programs are:
- the $1.5 million Premier’s Agriculture and Food Fellowship Program funds a Premier’s Fellow and a Premier’s Early to Mid Career Fellow in agriculture and food over four years.
- the $880,000 Tertiary Program improves the work readiness of tertiary students by funding work experience, scholarships and exchanges across participating universities.
- the $360,000 Agriculture and Aquaculture Entrepreneurship Program provides scholarships of up to $30,0000 each to WA farmers and innovators in agriculture and aquaculture. Applications for Round 3 of the Agriculture and Aquaculture Entrepreneurship Program opened on 27 February 2018 and close at 12pm 3 April 2018.
SAC is administered by the Science and Innovation Division of the Department of Jobs, Tourism, Science and Innovation. It is one of 15 active projects under the State Government’s $400 million Seizing the Opportunity – Agriculture initiative.
These initiatives have been made possible by the State Government’s Royalties for Regions program.
For more information please contact:
Jane Gilligan Helen Hitchcock
Principal Program Officer Senior Policy Officer
Email: email@example.com Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone: +61 8 9222 0755 Phone: +61 8 9222 0740