- 80 winners and medallists recognised at 2017 Perth Airport WA Tourism Awards
- Organised by Tourism Council WA
- Supported by State Government through Tourism Western Australia
Luxury tour operator, Horizontal Falls Seaplane Adventures, has won the top prize at the 2017 Perth Airport WA Tourism Awards.
The family owned and operated company took out the Sir David Brand Award for Tourism for its outstanding achievement in promoting and servicing the Western Australian tourism industry.
Horizontal Falls Seaplane Adventures also took out Gold medals in the adventure tourism and unique accommodation categories and Silver for best tourist attraction.
Other winners included:
- Mandurah Crab Fest - Major Festivals and Events;
- Swan River Seaplanes - New Tourism Business;
- Two Feet & a Heartbeat - Excellence in Food Tourism; and
- Whiteman Park - Major Tourist Attractions.
The Sir David Brand Medal for an individual who has demonstrated extraordinary personal and professional achievements and made a significant contribution to the tourism industry was awarded to Jac Eerbeek.
Winners in 25 categories automatically become finalists in the 2017 Qantas Australian Tourism Awards, which will be held at Optus Stadium in February, 2018.
For a full list of winners, visit http://www.tourismcouncilwa.com.au